Sunday, October 11, 2009

i procrastinate.

Okay okay. I am finally writing about my placement. So where do I start? Last Friday all us trainees packed our bags and headed back to Belmopan very nervous about out possible site placements. Once we got there we of course played a game to find out our sites. It turned out to be kind of fun exept I was the last to find out my site. As you probably know I am assigned to San Ignacio working with the Cornerstone Foundation. Feel free to check out their website: cornerstonefoundationbelize.com I’m not really sure yet what exactly I’ll be doing. It is all very overwhelming. I really like that Cornerstone is so well organized. They have records of what each volunteer has done in the past which can give me lots of ideas to what I want to do. It is definitely the kind of organization that I will have to be proactive.
I’m happy to be back in San Ignacio. It is the coolest little town and I’m pleased to stay. Also, since I have spent the past seven weeks training here there is really no need to get introduced to my community since I have already lived here.
So far I have just been following people around and going to meetings. There was supposed to be a girls group meeting today but no one showed up. From what I can tell it is very hard to get a program off the ground here.
Thursday I went to mass with my host family. I have to say it was very interesting. For one thing it was in Spanish so I only knew what was going on a small part of the time. Today (Saturday) I will be hanging out with one of the other volunteers, Kashay. She’s cool and it’s nice to have an instant friend in the area.
Welp I’m not sure what else I should write about. I miss you and love you all.
Christa

xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You went to a Catholic Mass? That in its self is interesting. Any questions, let me know lol.