Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy 29th Birthday Belize!

I'm not sure if I have ever been so exhausted. Yesterday was Independence Day and San Ignacio was the place to be.

Every year there is a huge parade that goes all around Cayo. It's probably about 3 miles long total going in a huge circle from San Ignacio to Santa Elena and back. Our float consisted of the Women's Group, Youth Ambassador Program (my youth group), and the Volunteers. Our float had a huge set of speakers pumping out all the dancehall music.

Obviously we were all required to dance the whole time.

Myself and the YAP group spent their time passing out information on HIV/AIDS.

Four hours later we finally reach the end at Makal Park. The big Beliken tent was up and pretty every person from Cayo was was in the park. Luckily I live right across the street so my friend Jamie and I went to my house to bathe, mad a quick drink that involved red tang and rum (not too tasty), and headed back out to the party. We found our Belizean friends and danced for the next four hours or so.

I honestly believe that their is no funner place in the world then San Ignacio on Independence Day.

(Jamie, Ms Elise, and me)

(YAPpers Tracy, Gillian, and me)

(me and Jamie)

No comments: