Saturday, September 5, 2009

Everyone: YouTube "Bot fly"

Hola!!!!

We I am currently sitting in a internet cafe with a fellow trainee, Kevin, watching disgusting you tube videos about possible ailments that we could encounter during our time here in Belize. Be sure to Google "bot fly". We have been told that many volunteers have encountered such creatures. Luckily being in the second largest city in the country we don't really have as much problems with bugs as other training sites. A lot of mosquito.

I went ahead and added the video:



Basically a bot fly is a fly that bites you and lays an egg under your skin and develops into a larva and eventually into a bot fly. This video is of a guy extracting the larva from under his skin.

So I go my youth group assignment for training. I will be working with the Police Cadets with Kevin. Today we met with them all and it was awesome. I'm really looking forward to it. They looked so cute doing there drills and marches. The officer in charge, Mr. Medina, is really entusiastic and proud of the group. He showed us about a million pictures of all the things that they have been doing. I know it is great how laid back Belizians are but it can be a little frustrating. As part of the assignment we have to have a community service project. Typical answers are, "oh yeah... do what ever you want" "oh you can meet with me whenever you want, the morning would be fine, or the afternoon, whatever you want". He seems like such a nice guy. I'm happy for this project we are working together. At least from my point of view, i don't know about Kevin. I've never worked with boys really so this should be interesting. I'm very excited!!!

Tonight we're (by we I mean the trainees in S. I.) going to a block party. September is the month of Belize's independace and is widely celebrated. I'm really excited for the party.

Well I am drawing a blank about what to write about next.....

so untill we meet again...


with love, Christa


XOXO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicest information!!! I'll be enchanted to greatly help due to what I've learnt from here. how to increase youtube views